Thursday, July 7, 2011

sons and mothers


He said to me this morning, our little Marten, "When I am big I will have a huge property and a guest house, and when you are old you can live in it, and I will take care of you".

Today, I am alive and well, and have a list of chores and activities that need attending, while my own mom lies quiet in a hospice bed. Today, Uncle Marten returns to his own family and his own life. No Diggory's apple was given or would have been taken. Only precious time and selfless love and a wanting to take care of one's mother. Somehow it just seems impossible and so sons and daughters do what they can but it never feels like it is enough. And mom lies quiet in her bed and loves her children back.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet, little Marten....as I read this, I looked at our 3 wk old little Joshua who was sleeping in my arm and thought, will he say something like this to me some day as well....?

    take care!

    ReplyDelete