Monday, June 22, 2009

earthly splendour






Life is beautiful, so much loveliness in nature, in art, in literature, in music.

Such amazing friendships, such love for family.

No wonder we want to hang on for dear life, fingers clutching at straws, hands grasping for life lines.

I wonder what God thinks.  
"My child, what I have prepared for you is so much better, so infinitely better!   Unsurpassed paradise, the Word alive, heavenly music, fellowship with the saints and angels, fellowship with the Triune God.

I am thinking of a dying aunt, of a young mother facing a terminal disease,
 of a friend's ailing parent.

Would I be ready?

Speaking with my dad on this matter, he said, "every day we need to focus on the next life".
and we don't, 
until we are pushed to. 

Today I am thankful for my friends and for my family,
for my husband and my children.
Frail and faulty, but co heirs of eternity.

God is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment