Tuesday, January 17, 2012

january 17th

Some talk of travels to far and foreign places and something inside wakens to wanderlust and dreams of wild and lonely and new. Especially wild and lonely. Domestic fences seem just too close and too familiar. Domestic chores altogether mundane. Questions bubble up from sleepy corners of the heart, "Why not me?" and "Why am I not accomplishing great things?"
And the same old question, "Is the yearning for wide and wild and lovely and lonely not God breathed?" Is adventure not knit into our hearts? The pursuit of beauty not etched into souls?

Does the Father who knit together our hearts and souls not perceive what it is that we need? The great Author of wild and lonely and lovely not long for us to be fulfilled?

And I need to be reminded that within our own fences blessings and beauty are bountiful.
And today's dreary rain creates magic and splendor and masterpieces waiting to be discovered.


2 comments:

  1. Marieke,

    I am able to still have a peek at you, in your life and what stirs within me is a tid bit of envy. Then I chastize myself for that envy.

    In the context of my field work, I have wild, lonley and new, and that as well my dear can be too much to bear easily at times.

    One day I hope to see you again, for now a glimpse here and there of your days will have to suffice.

    You have accomplished great things, you have inspired and guided me in moments of darkness and hopelessness.

    ReplyDelete