Saturday, May 28, 2011

the lowly

Another sodden day, and the scent of lilacs is heavy in the air.
Tiny water droplets shimmer everywhere.
The day is truly not dull but saturated with colour.

And yet, the loveliest of all was underfoot, neglected and despised
but gifted with a veil of glory on this soggy morning.

"The lowly are raised up" and wisdom is whispered in a still small voice.

Yesterday Mom, Dad, and I spent the morning in the hospital while mom was undergoing some tests. The insight into mom's condition wasn't forthcoming- but perhaps the lack of information speaks volumes. Dear parents, so much of whom we are is wrapped up in them. Time is diamonds, their words are golden and their love precious beyond words. No matter how much I think I am ready to let go, I am not. Yet the God of the new morning speaks to me in the whisper of beauty. Wisdom readily available when we open our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment