Friday, February 4, 2011

gold

I watched it while I was driving this morning,
the sun breaking over the horizon in a glorious line.
My friend saw it streaking red across her street
before it dulled to grey.
My mom watched it splash the cityscape with gold
from her hospital bed.

The dawning of a new day of new opportunity. Mercy abundant!

Each new day appears as clean as the driven snow and as beautiful as the golden sun.
How quickly we trample the pristine white and how often we exchange colour for gray.
The new opportunities are neglected and blessings ignored.

And yet, at the end of the day we reflect the Light of the Risen Sun.

Thank you Father for the blessings of this day!

I spent a few lovely hours chatting with mom today,
quietly and truthfully in her hospital room.
And hope springs eternal...
perhaps we can beat this ?

No comments:

Post a Comment