Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1st 2011

One Step Of Triumph

My feet shall never stand on Everest's peak,
Nor smudge the sands of undiscovered shore.
My ears shall never hear the waters roar
Where jungle rivers fall in Mozambique.
For me, no stratospheric flights; I seek
no depths unchartered to the ocean floor.
These will come to others who explore
The geographic goals of which they speak.
Still, I have known the high discovery,
moments when exultation held my hand,
And these have come in no exotic land,
While just one step from my back porch will show
A world and year unsearched, that beckons me
To cast first print in New Year's printless snow.

Ralph W. Seager

True...
yet sometimes
we do wish to explore distant places
and today the new year's snow is new year's rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment