Tuesday, December 21, 2010

eclipse

The last time I photographed a lunar eclipse was more than 10 years ago.
Today I started at the complete eclipse and watched it till the moon was almost full again 2 hours later.
It was quiet outside, at 3:00, and the wispy clouds blew past so that the eclipse was fully visible.
The world was asleep while I was awake and outdoors. A few shooting stars spritzed out of sight and I felt pleased to be able to witness this creation of the spinning earth and moon.





The moon is almost full again, the bare legs wrapped in housecoat chilled, the heart pleased.



4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you for being willing to deal with the freezing cold so that those of us who were cozily tucked beneath the quilts, obvlivious of what was happening, can also enjoy this eclipse.
    LML

    ReplyDelete
  2. many memories of photos not taken come down upon me...new year's eve in a cold farmhouse. Thank you for reminders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my mind slips back 11 years to 2000... which of my buddies is the anonymous one? That was a special time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you, that you are able once again to do something so special after 10 yrs time....it's indeed a kind of very speical, solitary, soul searching moment that is rare in a mother's schedule...and yet, it's so refreshing and "pleased"....connected with the nature, connected with the Creator...witnessing his mighty acts....in this unlimited universe...what a moment...

    And how nice to conclude this yr with this "little project" =)

    ReplyDelete