Tuesday, November 23, 2010

the breath of the LORD

"All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like the flowers of the field.
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
because the breath of the LORD blows on them.
Surely the people are grass.
The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God stands forever."

Isaiah 40: 6-8

I have a friend from long ago
who has a daughter, slightly older than mine,
fighting for her life.
and I really don't know how a mother's heart can break
but I pray for them, and pray for them,
and am reminded that life is a cycle of growing and dying
Until He Comes.....

2 comments:

  1. I join you at the foot of the cross, praying for healing and for His will to be done. Thank you for your thought provoking words and beautiful photography. I am blessed by your Christ-centered blog, Marieke, and enjoy these glimpses into your heart and life.
    Another old friend,
    Joanne (Vander Zwan) Nieuwenhuis

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Joanne... I was trying to look you up on FB a few days ago...
    thank you for connecting ... and thank you for your kind comment
    m

    ReplyDelete