Monday, September 6, 2010

end of summer


Today the weather certainly indicates that summer is passing and that kids go back to school and folks go back to work. And my to-do list hasn't been finished, rather it is barely started. And I wanted to do more with the big kids so that memories are made and that summer isn't just about working and earning but also a time to connect and to grow and to teach and to love. And today I yelled at the kids because I was frustrated and worried that connecting and growing and teaching and loving moments pass too quickly and that again we fail to grasp them as they blow by. And the wind blows yellow through the golden rod and the pines. And little ones notice my appreciation for the golden tossing yellow and pick 2 bunches that now stand in the kitchen window to remind me of time that blows through our lives. That spring palettes are replaced with end of summer palettes and that soon the flowers will be gone and that a passing glance is never enough to really see them.

1 comment: