Monday, October 5, 2009

many colors



Sometimes to do lists outweigh the time for lists.
Discouragement creeps in
The accomplished stack so small beside the should have done stack.

Summer plunged into autumn, Tshirts exchanged for warm coats.
Blue skies replaced with wet and gray.


So here I sit at the brink of my 100th blog entry feeling like it should be a good one...and wondering who do I think I am to make it a good one?? Here I sit. Nothing to say.

The rain stops, the sun beckons. The mailbox flag is up. (Our hamlet still has mailboxes and a friendly young postman that delivers and picks up mail). I grab some scissors to cut some hydrangea and Sedums to bring inside. Their colors so lovely together.
There is a package in the mailbox from a dear friend. She moved across the country just as we were getting to know each other. Two coffees and conversation on the front porch together replaced with one coffee beside the computer while ticking messages via email.

I feel a little bit guilty, remembering that I lied about my birthday on facebook (not wishing to have private information on the internet) A few weeks early and a few years late.

So, a few weeks early I am blessed with a gift. I unwrap the shawl of many colors and rewrap it around my shoulders. I feel warmed and blessed and hugged by someone special. My not-my-birthday-yet gift just made my day! Warmed and smiling I carry on my tasks and somehow they suddenly seem quite manageable.

Thank you my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment